Dan 1788

I was in the bushes in our new colony getting some grass for some of our horses when a dog like creature behind me started to sniff me. As I went to the barracks the Captain inquired ,“ Was that a  native dog behind you”. “ Yes ,Sir,” I replied. “We might need that”, thought the Captain. “After all we don’t have a hunting dog, Boys we’re going hunting,” he declared. “Yes ,Sir,” they all replied.

I went with my fellow friend /soldier to get that hunting dog. Suddenly we heard a growl. “ Did you heard that,” he said. “No,” I said. “ Anyways, I want you to go that way,” he whispered. And so I did. And when I went there it was, the same tree I saw before. “Warruwi! Warruwi!”I said alerted. AS quick as flash she came down and she started to play around. Then came that native dog. Were they friends I wondered.

Then came a distinct voice, “ Dan have you got him”. Quickly, I got the rope and put it around the creatures neck. Then I heard a distinct cheer. AS I got the dog and walked it out of the bush I took it back to the barracks. “ Hey you, never escape from here because, see those muskets there , they are fully loaded,” I warned.

Suddenly, the dog started sniffing. As it waddled around so did I. Then it took me out of the camp. “Ouch,” I said. As my fellow friend who had caught a glimpse of what had a happened he quickly called the captain shouting, “ The natives a attacking.” When the captain came out it suddenly stopped. He got his telescope out and looked and there It was. It was Warruwi…

One thought on “Dan 1788

1. Hey Darsh,

Great piece of writing. It was good, because the story was very easy to understand, and I loved the vocabulary you used. My only wish is that sometimes words were missing letters, but don’t worry, I do it all the time.

-Rose